QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 22 – 29 July 2020 is now available!
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Consumer Discretionary, Information Technology
Continuing in their research first published last week, researchers at Kaspersky attributed the VHD ransomware strain that emerged at least earlier this year to North Korea’s Lazarus group. Kaspersky observed VHD in the wild in at least two separate campaigns against organizations within Europe in March and May.
- Winnti Group: New Sample Detected Using Previously Identified DNS Tunneling Technique
- Unknown Threat Actor Targets US and Foreign Governments With Netwalker Ransomware
- Multiple Vulnerabilities Discovered in Industrial VPN Systems
- ShinyHunters Breached Banking App Dave.com
- Garmin Services Down After Ransomware Attack
Industry impacted: Government
China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs ordered the US consulate in Chengdu, Sichuan province, to terminate all operations, following the US’ closure of the Chinese consulate in Houston, Texas.
- EU to Reportedly Impose Sanctions on China, Russia, and North Korea over Cyberattacks
- EU-Brexit Negotiations Face Stalemate