QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 12 – 18 August is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
LockBit: An Evolved Threat With Increased Targeting Activity
Industry impacted: Financials, Industrials, Information Technology
Since July, QuoIntelligence observed increased activity involving the operators of LockBit Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) which involved the release of a new variant and the claimed compromise of various entities globally.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Energy, Financials
- T-Mobile Suffers Data Breach, Reportedly 40 million Customers Impacted
- New Darkweb Service Allows to Avoid Money Laundering Detection with Cryptocurrencies
- Colonial Pipeline Reports a Data Leak Subsequent to the Darkside Ransomware Attack
- Unknown Threat Actors leverage Trickbot to install fake 1Password software on Microsoft Windows systems
Afghanistan Under Taliban Control: Implications for Regional and Global Security
On 15 August, the Taliban seized Afghanistan after a 20 year war. Instability and escalating tensions in the region are likely, as militia and terrorist groups could capitalize in the volatile environment. Globally, the new Taliban rule threatens international security and could result in growing competition between world powers.
Industry impacted: Government
- Intelligence Reports Indicate New Russian Efforts to Interfere in US elections
- UK to Start Free Trade Talks with India
- Iran Continues to Accelerate Enrichment of Uranium to Near Weapons-grade
- China Holds Exercises Near Taiwan Following Alleged Provocations
- Education Firm Pearson Fined USD 1M for Downplaying Data Breach