QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 30 September – 6 October is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
ChamelGang: New APT Group Uses Diverse Arsenal To Target Organizations and Supply-Chains
Industry impacted: Energy, Government, Industrials
A recent investigation by Positive Technologies led to the discovery of a new cyberespionage threat actor group dubbed as ChamelGang, operating since at least early 2021. The analysis indicates the group deploys a variety of well-known and previously undocumented malware in order to ultimately steal data from compromised networks.
Industry impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Industrials, Information Technology
- Proxy Phantom: Fraud Rings Flood Online Merchants with Credential Stuffing Attacks
- International Police Operation in Ukraine Led to the Arrest of Ransomware Operators
- Unknown Threat Group Uses BazarLoader To Install Conti Ransomware, Likely Using the Leaked Conti Playbook
- Analyzing Facebook’s Recent Blackout
- ESPecter Bootkit: Another Real-World UEFI Bootkit Used For Cyberespionage
- Apache Server Zero-Day Vulnerability Exploited in the Wild
Pandora Papers: Offshore Havens and Finance Documents Leaked
On 3 October, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) released an investigation based on more than 11.9 million leaked documents, named Pandora Papers. The documents expose offshore dealings and secret finances of world leaders and politicians. While stricter regulation could be enforced following the publication of the investigation, the revelations are unlikely to limit offshore structures or tax avoidance in the short and medium-term.
- China: Power Shortfalls Begin to Ripple Around the World
- US to Convene 30 Country Meeting to Address Threat of Ransomware
- EU Commission Looking Into Complaints that Russia is Stoking Raising Gas Prices
- China and US: President Biden Says He and President Xi Will Stick to ‘Taiwan Agreement’, Agree to Hold Virtual Meeting