QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 21 – 27 September 2023 is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Chinese APT Blacktech Targets Network Edge Devices To Access Corporate Networks Of US And Japanese Multinationals
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Industrials, Information Technology
On 27 September, US and Japanese national agencies released a joint cybersecurity advisory revealing that BlackTech, a Chinese APT group, had been breaching the Cisco router firmware of several multinational companies in the government, industrial, technology, media, electronics, and telecommunications sectors. Cisco released a bulletin explaining that the most prevalent initial access vector, also emphasizing that no Cisco vulnerabilities were exploited.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Financials, Information Technology
- New Threat Actor Sandman Targets Telecom Providers Globally With Novel LuaDream Malware
- New Xenomorph Malware Campaign Hits Over 30 US Banks And Spreads To Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Belgium
- New Ransomware Group ShadowSyndicate Launches Global Campaign Against Corporations Worldwide
- New ZenRAT Malware Disguises as Legitimate Software to Steal User Data
Regulators Are Increasing Scrutiny Over Greenwashing
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Financials
After the US SEC fined Deutsche Bank-controlled investment firm DWS this week, QuoIntelligence analyzes increased regulatory scrutiny over greenwashing.
Industry impacted: Information Technology
- European Chips Act Enters into Force to Strengthen Security of Supply and Competitiveness
- EU Urges Greater Market Access and Fair Competition in Talks with China
- China’s State Security Chief Warns of Growing Cybersecurity Threats and Vulnerabilities
Products & Services
- 18 September – Report
Cyber Insurance: Increasingly Restrictive but Increasingly Necessary Amid Evolving Cyber Threat Landscape
Insights into the cyber insurance market, identifying new trends affecting policy holders and new exclusions to help organizations adapt their cybersecurity strategy accordingly.
- 18 September – Finished Intelligence
DarkGate Loader delivered via Teams
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk