QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 10 – 16 February is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
BlackByte Ransomware: FBI Releases Latest IOCs, Latest Incident Targets US Football Team
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Consumer Staples, Financials, Government
On February 11, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the U.S. Secret Service (USSS) released a joint advisory to provide information on the latest Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) related to attack activity attributed to the BlackByte ransomware group. Following the release of this advisory, the ransomware group also targeted the networks of a professional American Football team, the San Francisco 49ers.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials
- FritzFrog Botnet Returns with New Attacks
- Apple Patches Zero-day Used In Attacks on iOS and Mac
- RedLine Stealer Pushed Through Phishing Windows 11 Upgrade Domain
- Microsoft Defender to Block Credential Theft as Default
- TA2541: Threat Actor Targets Transportation and Aviation Industries
- Google Addresses Multiple High Severity Vulnerabilities Including A Use-After-Free Zero-Day
Ukraine Update: Withdrawal of Some Russian Troops Unconfirmed, Ukraine Ministry of Defense Hit by DDoS
Industry impacted: Government
Russia announced it was withdrawing some troops from Ukraine’s, although the claims are unconfirmed. Separately, on 16 February, the Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense and Ukraine’s Armed Forces confirmed they suffered a DDoS attack. Both events come after the US warned of an imminent Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Industries impacted: Government, Information Technology
- EU Announces New Actions to boost European Defense, Including Cybersecurity
- EU Court of Justice to Allow EU Funds Provision Based on Respect of Rule of Law
- US Indo-Pacific Strategy Update