QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 11-17 Aug is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Disrupting SEABORGIUM’s Ongoing Phishing Operations
The Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center (MSTIC), in collaboration with Google Threat Analysis Group (TAG) and the Proofpoint Threat Research Team, have observed and taken actions to disrupt campaigns launched by SEABORGIUM (aka Coldriver) since the beginning of 2022.
Industries impacted: Energy, Financials, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- CopperStealer Distributes Malicious Chromium-based Browser Extension to Steal Cryptocurrencies
- Russia-Linked Group Shuckworm Keeps Focus on Ukraine
- Clop Ransomware Gang Extorts Wrong Company
- DigitalOcean Customer Email Leak Result of MailChimp Compromise
- DMCA Request Causes Retaliation From Underground Marketplace Owner
- “Evil PLC Attack” Weaponizes Programmable Logic Controllers to Infect Engineering Workstations
- New Malware MikuBot Spotted In The Wild
US New Climate Change Law: Dependency on China, Supply Chain Issues, and Water Scarcity Challenge Energy Transition
Industries impacted: Energy
The need for speeding the energy transition and increasing energy security became more urgent since Russia invaded Ukraine, although there are important challenges such as reliance on China in areas like solar panels or rare earths needed for batteries in EVs. QuoIntelligence analyzes the said challenges to the energy transition and the implications of rapid implementation of green policies.
Industries impacted: Energy, Financials, Government
- Fears for Instability in the Balkans Grows, as Germany Deploys Troops to Bosnia After 10 Years
- German Power Prices Rise With New Gas Levy as Energy Crisis Deepens
- More US Lawmakers Visit Taiwan After Pelosi Trip While Xi Jinping Plans To Meet Biden
- US Federal Trade Commission Explores Rules Cracking Down on Commercial Surveillance and Lax Data Security Practices
- US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank Step In to Provide Regulatory Framework for Banks Considering Crypto Activities