QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 1-7 Sep is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
TA505: Extensive ServHelper Campaign WorldWide
Prodaft released an in-depth report exploring the structure of the allegedly Russian financially motivated threat actor TA505 and its latests campaigns using the malware known as ServHelper, including details about TeslaGun, the command and control panel used for the malware family and its infrastructure.
Industries impacted: Energy, Financials, Information Technology
- QNAP warns of new Deadbolt ransomware attacks exploiting zero-day vulnerability in Photo Station
- New Phishing-as-a-Service Enables Attacker to Bypass MFAs
- Urgent Google Chrome Update Released For a Zero-Day Vulnerability Exploited In The Wild
- Microsoft Disabling Exchange Basic Authentication Starting in October
- BlackCat Ransomware Group Claims Attack on Italian Energy Agency GSE
- Windows Defender’s Bug Led to Hundreds of False Positive Hive Ransomware Detections
Challenges For Companies Shifting Production From China To India
Industry affected: Information Technology
Following geopolitical tensions with the US, strict anti-Covid policy, and power outages, Apple is considering boosting its production outside China. Apple announced it plans to start making the iPhone 14 in India. Countries such as India and Vietnam could thus increasingly be seen as an alternative for other tech companies. Nevertheless, these countries also face challenges, such as unstable political environment or under-developed infrastructure, which could affect production.
Industry impacted: Government
- EU to Propose Crisis Tool for Supply Chain Emergencies
- Turkey’s Erdogan Warns Greece Amid Increased Tensions Over Disputed Islands
- Liz Truss becomes UK’s next Prime Minister
- China Accuses the US of Cyberattacks on Space Research University
- The US Will Take Further Action Against Iran for Threatening NATO’s Security Following Albania’s Severed Ties With Iran Over a Cyberattack
- 12 September – SANS CyberThreat 2022
- 13 September – 77th Session of the UN General Assembly
- 15 September – Nordic-Baltic Security summit 2022
- 15 September – Shanghai Cooperation Organization Summit (SCO) 2022