QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 10 – 16 Nov is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
TRAVEL RISK SUMMARY – QATAR
Doing business in countries and regions outside your own always presents risks. Our Travel Risk Summaries are available to Premium+ customers as part of our Country Risk Profile Service. Country and region information Economics, military and government operations, nation-state threat actors Advice on steps to take.
As the world looks to Qatar as host of the World Cup, download your free Travel Risk Summary on the country to see an example of what we provide.
Pro-Russia Hactivist Group Uses Somnia Ransomware For Destructive Attacks
Pro-Russia hacktivist group From Russia With Love has deployed Somnia ransomware against enterprises in Ukraine in a campaign that started in spring 2022. While advertised as ransomware, the malware is in fact a wiper, not offering a way to recover the data.
Industries impacted:Communication Services, Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Energy, Financials, Government, Health Care, Information Technology, Materials, Utilities
- Twitter Blue To Relaunch After Wide Spread Brand Abuse
- Actors Linked to Conti Leveraging BatLoader With SEO Poisoning
- Fangxiao: Chinese Threat Actor Sets Up Massive Phishing Infrastructure
- Lazarus Group’s DTrack Backdoor Activity Expands To EU and Latin America With New Evasion Techniques
- Recent Updates in Typhon Loader Version Identified
- Scammers Pretend to be Financial Regulators in Germany
International Summits in Asia Point To More Involvement Of the US in The Region And To Continued Tensions In the Long Term
QuoIntelligence outlines the key takeaways of the different international meetings held Asia in November and analyzes the general impact for companies operating in the region.
Industries impacted: Government, Information Technology
- The EU Sets out a Plan for Cyber Defence Policy Amid Geopolitical Tensions
- Poland: Missile Blast Possibly Due to Ukraine Missile Launch Accident
- EU Council Agrees On Regulation On Economic Anti-coercion By Third-countries
- Data Authorities Warn About Privacy Risks Posed by Qatar’s World Cup Apps
- 23 November – Belgian Cyber Security Convention 2022
- 23 November – Big Data Conference Europe 2022
Latest Mercury Newsletter
(Available to Customers only)
- 2 November – New Mercury Milestone Reached!
All the functionality of Mercury Legacy now available in the beta version of the new Mercury.
New feature – Nested Comments in Alerts
Maintain discussions with our analysts in the Brand Protection, Vulnerabilities Intelligence and Service Requests alerts.
- 3 November – ENISA Threat Landscape 2022
The European Union Agency for Cyber Security, ENISA, released its annual Threat Landscape Report detailing the top threats and trends in the cybersecurity threat landscape for the year to July 2022. Notably, QuoIntelligence research is cited as evidence supporting ENISA’s trend analysis into ransomware and the Russia-Ukraine threat landscape.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk