QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 02 – 08 March is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Emotet Operations Reemerge After Hiatus
Industry impacted: Real Estate
QuoIntelligence analyzed a new wave of Emotet activity reported by Cofense and Cryptolaemus. According to the researchers, the malware reemerged after a three month break. In this new Emotet wave, the malware is primarily delivered through malicious spam with ZIP attachments.
Industries impacted: Financials, Government, Industrials
- MQsTTang: The Latest Mustang Panda Backdoor Targeting European and Asian Entities
- Eastern Europe Targeted By RemcosRAT and DBatLoader Campaign
- ChatGPT CopyCat Phishing Scam Targets Potential Investors
- SYS01stealer: A New Information Stealer Targeting Critical Government Infrastructure and Manufacturing Companies
- BidenCash Shares Details Of Two Million Credit Cards
- The US Department Of Treasury Issues An Alert Warning Of Scams Impersonating the Office of Foreign Assets Control
Chinese Government to Increase Defense Budget Despite Slow Economic Growth as Diplomatic Tensions Grow
Industries impacted: Financials, Government
On 4 March, the Chinese annual “two sessions” meetings started, where China’s major political bodies discuss the yearly goals and the policy direction of the country. In the sessions, the government announced major restructuring of government bodies, increased defense expenditure, and continued focus on achieving self-reliance in key technologies. QuoIntelligence analyzes the main takeaways of the sessions and what it means for the general geopolitical landscape.
Industries impacted: Energy, Financials, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- Growing Disagreements Between EU Members Over Energy Transition Strategy
- The US Sanctions More Chinese Businesses And Is Expected To Tighten Rules On US Investment In China
- EU Banking Regulator Urges Crackdown On Non-compliance With Gender Diversity Rules
- The US Intelligence Community Annual Threat Assessment Presents China As First Threat and Underlines Russia’s Intent To Develop Its Capabilities to Target CI
- The European Central Bank Will Test the Cyber Resilience of European Banks
- 14 March – secIT Hannover
- 14 March – APIsecure 2023
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 6 March – Technology Brief: SystemBC — A Widespread, Lesser-Known, Multipurpose Malware
- 28 February – Use of Cyber Operations by Russia in the Context of the First Year of War in Ukraine
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk