QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 23 – 29 March is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Outlook Vulnerability Used To Attack Defense Sector Targets
Industries impacted: Government
QuoIntelligence is tracking attempts of exploitation of vulnerability CVE-2023-23397 to target private and public defense sector organizations. Targeted entities include a private space services company and an international defense organization. The observed campaign started around the 16 March and involves the use of Outlook files disguised as text documents to deliver the exploit.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Government, Health Care, Industrials
- Procter & Gamble Confirm GoAnywhere Data Breach
- New IcedID Variants Remove Banking Functionality in Order to Deliver Other Malware
- New NullMixer Campaign Targeting Italy and France
- APT43: North Korean Group Uses Cybercrime to Fund Espionage Operations
- New Malware Family Mélofée Targets Linux Hosts with Rootkit
- Toyota Italy Leaks Customer Data Through Public Facing Environment File
- 3CXDesktopApp Trojanized in Suspected Nation-State Supply Chain Attack
EU Reaches Political Agreement To Retaliate Against Economic Coercion
Industries impacted: Consumer Staples, Information Technology
On 29 March the Council and the European Parliament reached a provisional agreement on an anti-coercion instrument, so that economic dependencies of member states will not be used as a tool of intimidation. The proposal foresees as a last resort the application of restrictions such as higher import tariffs or limited access to EU public tenders. QuoIntelligence analyzes the proposed regulation and provides an overview of recent cases of economic coercion.
Industries impacted: Financials, Industrials
- Deutsche Bank Shares Plunge Amid Turbulence in Banking Sector
- Chinese Authorities Raid US Due Diligence Firm Sparking Concerns For Foreign Companies Operating In China
- French Prosecutors Raid France’s Biggest Banks in Tax Fraud Sweep
- 28 March – Boao Forum for Asia (BFA)
- 4-5 April – ItaliaSec (Rome)
QuoIntelligence is a sponsor for the 2023 edition of ItaliaSec where CEO Marco Riccardi will host a roundtable discussion: Italy under attack: how and why to use Threat Intelligence to distinguish real threats from media hype.
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 16 March – Technology Brief: Information Stealer Malware — A constant threat in the landscape
Information stealer malware is one of the most common malware families in the current threat landscape. Designed to steal sensitive information from computers and mobile devices and impacting mainly remote workers, these types of attacks can be devastating for businesses, and result in identity theft, financial loss, and reputational damage.
- 6 March – Technology Brief: SystemBC — A Widespread, Lesser-Known, Multipurpose Malware
Likely to remain a threat across all sectors, the malware family SystemBC hasn’t received much public reporting or research, leaving organizations vulnerable to attack from this dangerous threat vector.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk