QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 27 April – 3 May is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Durt Team: Insights into Development of a Backdoor by Russian Threat Actor
QuoIntelligence observed a new backdoor called “Durtmovoy” that is currently in development by “Durt Team”, a newly observed Russian threat actor. While the functionalities of the backdoor are currently still limited, including only taking and exfiltrating screenshots from the infected machine and playing sounds, QuoIntelligence gained a unique insight into the development process of this backdoor due to OPSEC failures by the threat actors, insights which are rarely observed in the eCrime world.
Industries impacted: Financials, Health Care, Information Technology
- Atomic Stealer Targets MacOS
- German IT Giant Bitmarck Shuts Down All Customer And Internal Systems After Cyberattack
- The Novel Rapture Ransomware Leaves Few Traces and is Difficult to Detect
- APT37 Evolves Techniques Now Deploying RokRAT Malware Via LNK File Infection Chains
- New Malware Spread Through Google Ads Targeting Windows Devices
More Stringent Requirements For The EU Banking Sector Amid Concerns About Its Resilience
Industry impacted: Financials
After another bank failure in the US this week, QuoIntelligence analyzes the impact for the financial sector in Europe, focusing on risk management regulation and supervision.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Government
- ENISA Assesses AI Cybersecurity Standards and Provides Recommendations for Upcoming AI Policies
- New EU Rules on Intellectual Property Rights: Harmonized Patent Rules
- EU Adopts Act to Support Ammunition Production and Strengthen Defense Industry
- The EU Designates 19 Tech Giants To Comply With The New Digital Services Act
- 8 May – Cloud Expo Europe
- 9 May – 42nd ASEAN Summit
- 8 May – Gartner Supply Chain Symposium Xpo 2023
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 21 April – Intel Brief: CBDC’s Impact on the Geopolitical Landscape & Cybersecurity Risks
An overview of the impact of central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) that represent a new challenge, particularly for the EU and Western countries.
- 19 April – Intel Brief: Threats Related to Cloud Infrastructure Providers
Overview of the most prevalent threats related to the use of cloud services identified with recommendations to address the attack surface.
- 12 April – Threat Intel Assessment: Italian Threat Landscape Q1 – Between Real Threats and Hype
Analysis of the threats Italy faced in Q1 of 2023 and what lies ahead.
- 5 April – Operational Profile: LockBit
LockBit is a ransomware group whose operations are based on providing malware builders to affiliates responsible for gaining access to victim networks.
- 3 May – Infostealer Malware: The Silent Threat Lurking in Your System
Infostealer malware attacks are designed to steal sensitive information such as login credentials, financial data, and personal information.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk