QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 18 – 24 May is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
China State-Sponsored Cyber Actor Targets US Critical Infrastructure With Living-Off-The-Land Techniques
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Government, Industrials, Utilities
US and international cybersecurity authorities, including the NSA, CISA, FBI, and cybersecurity centers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK have issued Cybersecurity Advisory (CSA) in response to a recently discovered cyber-activity cluster associated with a Chinese state-sponsored cyber actor dubbed Volt Typhoon. The actor has been targeting US critical communication infrastructure and relies on the living-off-the-land techniques for its operations.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Government, Industrials
- Researchers Find Two Malicious Packages Containing TurkoRat Lurking On Npm
- Reemergence of Cybercrime Group FIN7 Using Cl0p Ransomware Discovered by Microsoft
- BlackCat Ransomware Utilizes Signed Kernel Drivers in New Campaign
- German Defense Company Rheinmetall Confirms Black Basta Ransomware Group Is Behind Cyberattack
- Lazarus Group: North-Korean linked APT Group Deploys Espionage Malware on Microsoft IIS Servers
G7 Leaders Focus on Supply Chain Resilience and Fair Trade Practices, Resulting in Growing Tensions With China
Industry impacted: Government
During the latest G7 summit, G7 leaders focused on supply chain resilience and fair trade practices. We analyze the key takeaways of the summit, paying special attention to how G7 leaders plan to tackle China’s alleged economic coercion and supply chain dependency.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Financials, Health Care, Information Technology
- The UK Releases Its New Semiconductor Strategy
- The US Federal Trade Commission Takes Steps To Strengthen Data Privacy Oversight
- Meta Fined With Largest GDPR Fine Ever Over Data Transfers to the US
- International Securities Watchdog Releases First Standard for Global Crypto Regulation
- The G7, the US, and the EU Take Steps To Supervise AI technologies
- 29 May – x33fcon
- 30 May – International Conference on Cyber Conflict (CyCon) 2023
- 30 May – Navigating the Cyber Threat Landscape
SAVE THE DATE! Join this live session with GObugfree CTO Marcel Eyer & our top intelligence expert, VP Threat Advisory Jörg Schauff, with his extensive background in civilian & military security. Don’t miss this chance to reduce your risk of cyber attacks. Register here
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 22 May – Intel Assessment: DACH Threat Landscape Q1
An overview of the threat landscape relevant to the DACH countries – Germany, Austria, and Switzerland – in Q1 2023 and an assessment regarding further developments.
- 18 May – Intel Brief: Use of exploitation frameworks alternative to cobalt strike by threat actors
We analyze why advancements in Cobalt Strike Beacon detection have made it harder for criminal and state-affiliated threat actors to use Cobalt Strike successfully.
- 3 May – Infostealer Malware: The Silent Threat Lurking in Your System
Infostealer malware attacks are designed to steal sensitive information such as login credentials, financial data, and personal information.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk