QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 1 – 7 June 2023 is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
NoEscape Ransomware Emerges As A New RaaS Offering
Cyble Research & Intelligence Labs recently uncovered a new Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) initiative, NoEscape, that emerged in May 2023. They discovered the ransomware creators actively recruiting affiliates on cybercrime forums. The malware has wide functionality allowing for defense evasion, and versions for Windows, Linux, and VMware ESXi.
Industries impacted: Financials, Government
- A New Cyber Espionage Campaign Dubbed Operation Triangulation Targeted iOS Devices With Previously Unknown Malware
- XEGroup: Operations and Threat Actor Unmasked
- Surge in TrueBot Activity as New Initial Access Vectors are Discovered
- Spanish Bank Globalcaja Confirms Ransomware Attack
- Microsoft Attributes Clop Ransomware Group to MOVEit Data-Theft Campaign
- Verizon Report Highlights Stolen Credentials and Phishing as Most Common Initial Vector in Data Breaches
US-China Tensions Set to Continue as Military Encounters in Taiwan Strait Increase
Industry impacted: Government
Close encounters between the US and Chinese militaries have increased recently in the Taiwan Strait. While US government stressed relationship with Chinas has recently improved, the rising risk of dangerous military miscalculations could result in worsening diplomatic relations between countries.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Energy, Financials, Industrials
- Canada Facing Rising Threat from Cyberattacks on Critical Infrastructure
- EU Considers Mandatory Ban on High-Risk Vendors to Build 5G, Including Huawei
- EU Boosts Law Enforcement’s Access to Financial Information in Fight Against Crime
- US Initiates Lawsuit Against Crypto Exchanges Coinbase and Binance
- 16 June – Planet Cyber Sec Conference
- 20 Giugno – “Italia sotto attacco: come e perché usare la Threat Intelligence per distinguere le minacce reali dal clamore mediatico” (Nota: questo webinar sarà condotto in italiano)
SAVE THE DATE! Partecipa a questa sessione dal vivo e alla discussione aperta con Marco Riccardi e Sharon De Cet. Vi aggiorneranno sull’attuale panorama delle minacce per le organizzazioni italiane per rimanere informati sugli ultimi trend della cybersecurity, risponderanno alle vostre domande, scambieranno punti di vista e molto altro ancora. Iscriviti qui.
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 26 May – Intel Assessment: AI: Risks and Challenges in Cyberspace and the Geopolitical Landscape
An in-depth evaluation of the reality of the threats the use of generative AI tools by threat actors pose. It also seeks to identify privacy and regulatory risks for businesses using such tools.
- 22 May – Intel Assessment: DACH Threat Landscape Q1
An overview of the threat landscape relevant to the DACH countries – Germany, Austria, and Switzerland – in Q1 2023 and an assessment regarding further developments.
- 18 May – Intel Brief: Use of exploitation frameworks alternative to cobalt strike by threat actors
We analyze why advancements in Cobalt Strike Beacon detection have made it harder for criminal and state-affiliated threat actors to use Cobalt Strike successfully.
- 3 May – Infostealer Malware: The Silent Threat Lurking in Your System
Infostealer malware attacks are designed to steal sensitive information such as login credentials, financial data, and personal information.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk