QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 14 – 20 December 2023 is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Spoofing E-Mails Worldwide Via SMTP Smuggling
Newly discovered SMTP Smuggling attack enables attackers to append custom commands at the end-of-data sequence, leading to improper command interpretation. As a result, attackers can send malicious phishing emails emails from arbitrary domains, effectively bypassing SPF and DKIM checks.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Financials
- GambleForce Threat Actor Behind SQL Injection Attacks in the APAC Region Mainly Targeting the Gambling Industry
- Rising Threats Behind Holiday Gift Card Frauds and Phishing
- QakBot Malware Reappears with New Tactics, Targeting the Hospitality Industry
- Novel Malware Distribution Techniques Using GitHub Gists and Git Commit Messages
- Malicious Campaigns Using Web Injection to Target More than 40 Banks World Wide
- Terrapin Attack: Downgrading Authentication Algorithms to Abuse SSH’s Implementation
- FBI Takes Down ALPHV Ransomware Group’s Website
Israel-Linked Group Predatory Sparrow Shuts Down Iranian Petrol Stations in Cyberattack Amid Increasingly Tense Iran-Israel Relations
Industry impacted: Energy
QuoIntelligence analyzes the implications of the sophisticated cyberattack against Iranian petrol stations by a suspected Israeli-linked threat actor.
Industries impacted: Energy, Financials, Government
- US Regulator Probes Large Banks’ Climate Risk Planning
- US Launches International Force to Protect Shipping in the Red Sea
- EU Member States Agree Common Position on Cyber Solidarity Act
- The European Council Agrees to Extend Emergency Measures for Energy Prices
(Sent to Premium Customers only)
- 19 December – Pro-Russia Hacktivist Group KillNet Changes Leadership and Expands Targets, Including Gambling
- 11 December – Fake Handelsregister Invoices: 5 Telltale Signs to Avoid The Scam (Link zur deutschen Version hier)
A new scam is successfully targeting companies that recently updated their information in the Handelsregister. Although convincing, these fake ‘Register Court’ invoices have telltale signs you can spot to avoid becoming a victim.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk