QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 21 – 27 December 2023 is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Operation Triangulation: New Findings on a Highly Sophisticated Spyware
Kaspersky sheds additional light onto Operation Triangulation, a highly sophisticated and possibly nation-state sponsored mercenary spyware utilized against its employees in Russia.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Government, Health Care
- Europol Leads Digital Skimming Action Targeting Online Fraud
- Analysis of Attacks that Install Scanners on Linux SSH Servers
- BattleRoyal Group Intensifies Activity Exploiting Windows Vulnerability to Spread DarkGate Malware
- Integris Health Patients Receive Extortion Emails After Data is Stolen in Cyberattack
- Exotic Nim Malware Targets Nepali Government Entities Using Decoy Word Files
- Lumma Stealers Revives Expired Google Cookies
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Industrials, Information Technology
- Merchant Vessel Attacked by Drone off India’s West Coast
- The New York Times Sues OpenAI and Microsoft for Infringing Copyrighted Works
- The EU’s Anti-Coercion Instrument Enters in Force
(Sent to Premium Customers only)
- 19 December – Pro-Russia Hacktivist Group KillNet Changes Leadership and Expands Targets, Including Gambling
- 11 December – Fake Handelsregister Invoices: 5 Telltale Signs to Avoid The Scam (Link zur deutschen Version hier)
A new scam is successfully targeting companies that recently updated their information in the Handelsregister. Although convincing, these fake ‘Register Court’ invoices have telltale signs you can spot to avoid becoming a victim.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk