QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 18 – 24 January 2024 is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
ScarCruft, a North Korean state-sponsored threat actor, is actively distributing malicious cyber threat intelligence reports to South Korean’s media and experts in North Korean affairs. The focus on individuals engaging with technical threat intelligence reports signifies a deliberate approach to uncover confidential information related to North Korean threat actors for evasion and defensive purposes, as well as improving the current Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) of ScarCruft for future engagements.
Industry impacted: Information Technology, Financials
- COLDRIVER Adopts Malware to Target Western Officials in Espionage Campaign
- Microsoft Targeted By Nation State Actor Midnight Blizzard On Its Corporate System
- Apache ActiveMQ Vulnerability (CVE-2023-46604) Used to Drop Godzilla Web Shell
- VexTrio Orchestrates Extensive Cybercrime Affiliate Network
- Novel Kasseika Ransomware Group Employs Bring Your Own Vulnerable Driver Technique to Disable Security Processes
- New Info Stealing Packages Hidden In PyPI Packages Attacks Windows And Linux Machines
- Critical RCE Against Atlassian Confluence Appliances Actively Exploited In The Wild
GDPR Enforcement: France’s Data Protection Authority Fines Amazon EUR 32 Million For Employee Monitoring
QuoIntelligence examines Amazon’s recent GDPR fine by France’s data protection authority, outlining key elements of the regulation and its enforcement to ensure compliance.
Industry impacted: Energy, Financials, Industrials, Information Technology
- Supply Chains: Panama Canal Traffic Cut By More Than A Third Because Of Drought
- EU Banking Watchdog Discloses ESG Guidelines Amid Increasing Scrutiny On Banks’ Green Objectives
- UK-Insured Vessels Carried One Third Of Russian Oil Last Year While Enforcement of Price Cap Set To Increase
- EU To Strengthen Foreign Investment Screening and Assess Outbound Investment Risks
- 30 January – eCrime and Cybersecurity Congress Germany
- 31 January – Cybersec Asia 2024
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk