QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 26 May – 1 June is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Kevin Beaumont, a researcher and author at DoublePulsar, identified a Microsoft Office zero-day vulnerability with exploitation in the wild, dubbed Follina, which is capable of avoiding Defender’s protection and works even with macros disabled.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Information Technology
- Gamaredon: Russian APT Group Could Conduct a New Round of DDoS Attacks
- Clop Ransomware Group Targets 21 Entities in April After Months Long Hiatus
- Killnet Targets Italy with DDoS Attacks and Publishes More Targets, Italian CSIRT Confirms Attacks on its Website
- Russia Drops Charges Against REvil Due to Lack of Cooperation from US
- German Financial Regulator Issues a Warning to Banks Due to Russian Cyber Attacks
- Hive Ransomware Group Attacked Costa Rica’s Health Service
- Ransomware on The Rise: Everest and Vandili Ransomware Groups
- Continued Card Payment Disruptions Across Germany Following Payment Terminal Certificate Error
Western countries are trying to limit China’s possibilities to pursue its own interests in the Indo-Pacific as the war in Ukraine goes on by increasing their engagement and political alliances in the region. At the same time, Russia is also remaining isolated and trying to further engage with allies in the Indo-Pacific, which could trigger growing tensions in the region and a greater geopolitical divide.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- Italy Releases its National Cybersecurity Strategy for 2022-2026
- Industry Leaders Take Cyber Resilience Pledge at Annual World Economic Forum
- China Unveils Plan to Boost Economy After Failing Growth Target, Focusing on Technology Investment, Tax Benefits, and Loans
- Chip shortage: Manufacturers Resort to Unusal Ways to Keep Production Folwing
- 7 June – International Cybersecurity Forum (FIC) 202