QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 13 – 19 Oct is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Prestige Ransomware Targets Organizations In Poland And Ukraine
Industry impacted: Industrials
The Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center (MSTIC) has observed a novel ransomware strain dubbed “Prestige” that has targeted the transportation and logistics sectors in Poland and Ukraine. Deployment techniques resemble those used by wipers employed against Ukraine’s critical infrastructure in recent weeks, however, according to Microsoft researchers, the activity is distinctly separate from these campaigns.
Industry impacted: Communication Services
- DICEYF: Threat Actor Leveraging and Targetting Online Gambling Industry
- Venus Ransomware Targets Publicly Exposed Remote Desktop Services
- Dutch Police Obtained 155 Decryption Keys for DeadBolt Ransomware
- New ‘Black Lotus’ UEFI Rootkit Providing Highly Advanced Capabilities to Cybercriminals
- Critical Vulnerability in Apache Commons Text
- SafeBreach Reports on Fully Undetectable Powershell Backdoor
- SOCradar Claims to Discover Microsoft Leak Containing Customer Information From Misconfigured Azure Blob Storage Servers
The Chinese Communist Party Opts For a Security Centric Strategy and Continuity at the 20th National Congress
Industry impacted: Government
The 20th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party started on 16 October amid serious internal challenges and in the context of an increasingly tense geopolitical environment. QuoIntelligence analyzes the implications of the report presented by Xi Jinping during his opening speech, which contains key elements of China’s strategy and ambitions for the coming years.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Government
- Starlink Satellite Internet Potential Cut in Ukraine Highlights the Risks of Relying on Single Internet Providers
- NATO Countries Agree to Develop European Air and Missile Defense System Amid War in Ukraine
- Tensions with Turkey Rise Over Links with Russia, Potential Conflict with Greece
- Germany Removes BSI President Over Alleged Links with Russia
- 25 October – International Conference on Ukraine Reconstruction
- 25 October – EU Transport, Telecommunications, and Energy Council
- 27-28 October – 1st European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) CISO Meetup, Brussels
With over 100 CISOs from around Europe in attendance, this invitation-only gathering is a significant step in developing the European CISO community. QuoIntelligence will be present as an event sponsor, so if you are one of the delegates, please stop by our stand and get to know us.
Latest Technical Brief
(Available to Premium Customers only)
- 7 October – Cross Analysis of PlugX Deployment in Terms of Defence Implications
- 11 October – Global Energy Crisis: Impact of the Ukraine War
The war in Ukraine, together with the Western response to Russia’s actions, has exacerbated the energy crisis. QuoIntelligence assesses the impact on the European energy sector.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk