QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 20 – 26 Oct is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
IcedID Campaign Impersonates Italian Revenue Agency
Industry impacted: Financials
QuoIntelligence is analyzing a campaign disclosed by the CERT of the Agency for Digital Italy, where spear-phishing emails are used to distribute the IcedID banking trojan through lures using the theme of the Agenzia Entrate e Riscossione (Revenue and Collection Agency) documents.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Industrials, Information Technology, Real Estate
- Self-Extracting Protected Malware Pushed by Emotet
- OldGremlin: Ransomware Gang Engages in Big Game Hunting in Russia
- Point-of-Sale Malware Treasure Hunter and MajikPOS Active
- Apple Fixes Kernel Code Execution Vulnerabilities In iOS and iPadOS
- Typosquat Campaign Mimics 27 Brands and Delivers Malware For Different Platforms
- Germany Cyber Threat Activity Reportedly Higher than Ever, Main Threat Remains Ransomware
New US Security Strategy Sees China as Greatest Threat, Focuses on Indo-Pacific Despite War in Ukraine
Industry impacted: Government
The US published a new Security Strategy that prioritizes China and Russia, and emphasizes the important role of the Indo-Pacific. QuoIntelligence outlines which are the main points of the US National Security Strategy and how the coming Cybersecurity strategy will build on them.
Industries impacted: Energy, Government, Information Technology
- Liz Truss Resigns and Rishi Sunak is Elected Prime Minister
- Major Fiber Cable Cut In the South of France Reported As an Act of Vandalism
- IEA and European Commission Present Measures For Companies To Cut Energy Expenses And Increase Energy Efficiency
- Several EU Countries Withdraw From Energy Charter Treaty Providing Legal Protections for Investments In Fossil Fuels
- China’s New Leadership Points To the Prioritization of the State At the Cost Of the Private Sector
- 27-28 October – 1st European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) CISO Meetup, Brussels
With over 100 CISOs from around Europe in attendance, this invitation-only gathering is a significant step in developing the European CISO community. QuoIntelligence will be present as an event sponsor, so if you are one of the delegates, please stop by our stand and get to know us.
- 1 November – Cybersecurity Expo London
Latest Technical Brief
(Available to Premium Customers only)
- 7 October – Cross Analysis of PlugX Deployment in Terms of Defence Implications
- 11 October – Global Energy Crisis: Impact of the Ukraine War
The war in Ukraine, together with the Western response to Russia’s actions, has exacerbated the energy crisis. QuoIntelligence assesses the impact on the European energy sector.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk