QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 27 July – 2 August 2023 is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Sophisticated WikiLoader Malware Targets Italian Organizations to Install Ursnif Banking Trojan
Industry impacted: Financials
Proofpoint researchers discovered a new malware dubbed WikiLoader targeting Italian organizations. Threat actors TA544 (aka Bamboo Spider, Zeus Panda) and TA551 (aka Shathak) are delivering the malware, which includes evasion techniques and a custom code implementation, making detection and analysis difficult. Proofpoint researchers anticipate that WikiLoader, likely developed as a malware-for-hire, will expand its reach among cybercriminals and initial access brokers (IABs).
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Information Technology
- Advanced Persistent Threat Actors Exploited Recently Disclosed Ivanti Endpoint Manager Mobile (EPMM) Vulnerabilities
- Emerging Threat: Increased Number of Ransomware Delivery via URLs
- 8Base Ransomware: Group Emerges In The Threat Landscape Targeting Small And Medium-sized Businesses
- APT31 Deploys New Malware to Breach Air-Gapped Systems of Eastern Europe Industrial Organizations
- Threat Actors Leveraging SpyNote to Target European Banks with Advanced Fraud Campaign
- Midnight Blizzard: New Highly-Targeted Social Engineering Attacks on Organizations Worldwide
The EU Adopts The European Sustainability Reporting Standards
Industry impacted: Information Technology
QuoIntelligence outlines the main points of the European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS) adopted this week by the European Commission.
Industries impacted: Government, Information Technology
- US Unveils Strategy to Address the Cyber Workforce Vacancies and Drive Economy
- Italy Decides to Exit China’s Belt and Road Initiative Amid Trade Concerns
- China Tightens Drone Export Restrictions Amid Escalating US Tech Disputes
- China Urges Citizens to Join Counter-Espionage Efforts Amid Rising Concerns
- 5 August – Black Hat US 2023
- 10 August – DEF CON 31
Latest Reports & Finished Intelligence
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 1 August – Finished Intelligence
- 19 July – Intel Briefing
GDPR: Analysis of Five Years of Enforcement
This report offers insights into the enforcement trends of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) over the last five years.
- 27 July – QuoIntelligence Press Release
QuoIntelligence Secures EUR 5 Million Seed Financing
The investment is based on our highly differentiated threat intelligence offering and will be used to expand the QuoIntelligence team and enhance products and services.
- 20 July – Research: Neo_Net
Fresh insights into Neo_Net’s cybercrime syndicate: The new threat actor in the financial sector
Research into an eCrime campaign — to Neo-Net — targetting prominent European banks, especially in Spain, with phishing and Android trojans.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk