QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 7 – 13 January is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
In January’s Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released new patches for 83 vulnerabilities in a variety of Microsoft products, including an actively exploited vulnerability in Windows Defender.
Industry impacted: Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Information Technology
- Conti Ransomware Attack Targets Rail Freight Operator OmniTRAX
- New Zealand Central Bank Probing Data Breach of Sensitive Info
- SUNBURST Code Overlaps with Russia-Linked Turla Backdoor
- Ubiquiti’s Third-Party Cloud Provider Compromised
- International Operation Shuts Down Dark Web Marketplace, DarkMarket
- Mimecast Certificate Compromised in Supply Chain Attack
- Data Leaked From European Medicines Agency Attack
- CrowdStrike Releases Analysis of SUNSPOT Malware Used in SolarWinds Attack
- Leaked Data Potentially From SolarWinds Attacks Listed For Sale
Industry impacted: Government
The inauguration of President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris will take place on 20 January amidst heightened security due to the Capitol riot on 6 January. In the immediate aftermath of his inauguration, President-elect Biden’s administration will have to face important challenges, such as heightened physical security risks, the SolarWinds cyberattack, as well as worsening US diplomatic relations with China and Iran.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Government, Health Care, Information Technology
- US Department of Justice Sentences Russian National to 12 Years in Prison
- Security Researchers Disclose Vulnerability in the United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) Systems
- UK Government to Fine Companies Failing to Conduct Due Diligence in Supply Chains
- Car Makers to Reduce Production Amidst Semiconductor Shortage
- Italy’s Government Crisis Could Prompt New Elections
Industry impacted: Information Technology
- 21 January – SANS Cyber Threat Intelligence virtual Summit