QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 11 – 17 Mar is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
- Researchers from Intezer discovered a new backdoor malware dubbed RedXOR, which targets Linux endpoints and servers, and exhibits links to other malware attributed to the suspected China state-sponsored threat actor Winnti.
Industry impacted: Financials, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- Ransomware Deployed Via ProxyLogon Exploits Targeting Microsoft Exchange Server
- Data Leak from Private Microsoft Information Sharing Community May be Origin of Exchange Server Attack
- Google Patches Chrome Zero-Day Exploited in the Wild, Along With Four Other Security Holes
- New Mirai Variant Discovered Actively Targeting Nine IoT Vulnerabilities, Including in Network Security Devices
- PYSA Ransomware Targets Educational Institutions in the US and UK
- Reported Chinese Actors Launch Espionage Attack Against Telecommunications Sector
- REvil Claims New Victims, Including Financial Institutions and Manufacturers, Among Others
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology, Materials
- The Biden administration is strengthening its partnerships in the Indo-Pacific to counter China’s growing influence across the region. The growing US engagement in the Indo-Pacific reflects the region’s increasing geopolitical relevance, which could result in regional instability and increased competition in the military, cyber, and tech space. Additionally, smaller regional players in the Indo-Pacific region could gain strategic importance, making the geopolitical landscape more complex.
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology
- EU Plans to Adopt Due Diligence Law Requiring Companies to Address Human Rights and Environmental Issues in Supply Chain
- UN Adopts Report on State’s Governance in the Use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs)
- US and Iran Reportedly Engaged in Indirect Diplomacy Through the EU and Other Countries
- US Intelligence Council Assess Russia and Iran Attempted to Influence 2020 Election
Industry impacted: Information Technology
- 23 March – CloudFest 2021
- 23 March – Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit