QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 6 – 11 May is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Industry impacted: Energy, Utilities
- On 9 May, Colonial Pipeline, a major US oil pipeline, confirmed it was the victim of a ransomware cyberattack, which the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) attributed to the Darkside ransomware.
- In this month’s Patch Tuesday security update, Microsoft includes patches for 55 vulnerabilities with the vendor rating four as critical and 50 as important in severity. Adobe released security fixes to address 43 vulnerabilities existing in various products, including a zero-day vulnerability affecting versions of Adobe Acrobat and Reader on Windows and macOS, known to be exploited in limited attacks.
- FiveHands Ransomware – Malware Analysis Report (AR21-126B)
- Cryptomining Botenet Lemon Duck Evolves TTPs and Targets Microsoft Exchange Servers
- New Panda Stealer Targets Cryptocurrency Wallets
Industry impacted: Financials, Information Technology
- IBM Unveiles First 2-Nanometer Chip Technology
- Insurer AXA Halts Ransomware Reimbursement in France
- Germany’s Federal Criminal Police (BKA) Released Annual Report on Cybercrime
Industry impacted: Government
- 17 May – Eurogroup Meeting
- 17 May – RSA IT Conference 2021
- 18 May – World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2021