QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 24 – 30 June is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Aggah: The Large-Scale Espionage “WayBack” Campaign
Researchers at Yoroi discovered a new large-scale espionage operation conducted by the threat actor known as Aggah, with suspected links to the Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) group known as Gorgon.
Industry impacted: Financials, Information Technology
- Cisco ASA Vulnerability Exploited in the Wild After PoC Publication
- Builder for Babuk Locker Ransomware Uploaded on Virus Total
- IcedID: Extensive Banking Trojan Campaign Through Stealth Macros
- Media Reports Denmark’s Central Bank Compromised By SolarWInds, Bank Refutes Claims
- Germany’s BSI Denies Media Reports Claiming Large-scale Cyberattacks on German Banks and Critical Infrastructure
The Impact of Increasing Reliance on Electric Vehicles on the Semiconductor Industry and Geopolitical Landscape
Industry impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Industrials, Information Technology, Materials
Countries are implementing new frameworks to ban diesel and petrol cars in the coming 10 to 15 years in order to reduce CO2 emissions. Tougher CO2 frameworks will likely extend to most countries resulting in increased demand for Electric Vehicles (EV), its batteries, and the semiconductor and raw materials used to develop them. As a result, we expect increased competition and industrial espionage in related sectors. Additionally, the increased importance of EV and batteries could increase reliance on China, as it is the world’s largest producer of minerals used in batteries.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Government
- Hong Kong Police Arrest Former Apple Daily Journalist
- US and Allies Begin Large-scale Naval Drill in the Black Sea
- Belarus Cuts Cooperation on Migration with EU Over Sanctions