QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 2 – 8 September is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Ransomware Activity: Disruption Campaigns Affecting the Threat Landscape
Over the last week, we observed various ransomware happenings that give insight into potential law enforcement disruptions and the impact of disruption techniques, such as the use of ransomware negotiation firms.
Industry impacted: Financials, Industrials
- South Korean Authorities Arrest A Russian Man On Suspicion Of Affiliation With TrickBot, A Russian Based Malware Group
- Cisco Fixes Enterprise NFV Infrastructure Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Preventive And Reactive Measures To Be Followed For Ransomware Attacks
- Microsoft 0day in Office Suite Exploited in Targeted Attacks
- Zoho Releases Security Update On A Vulnerability (CVE-2021-40539) Affecting ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus
German Government Attributes Phishing Attacks Targeting Members of Parliament to Russia
Industry impacted: Government
The German government attributed recent cyberattacks targeting members of Germany’s parliament to Russia. The cyberattacks come ahead of Germany’s federal elections on 26 September.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Industrials, Information Technology
- Ireland’s Data Protection Authority Fines WhatsApp EUR 225 million for GDPR Violations
- Digitization of the Deutsche Bahn Infrastructure is Progressing Slowly
- Europe: Chip Manufacturer Intel to Invest EUR 80 billion in Europe