QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 9 – 15 September is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
New Zloader Malware Campaign Targets Financial Institutions And Cryptocurrency Exchanges In Germany And Australia
Industry impacted: Financials
On 13 September, SentinelOne released a report on the latest malware campaign involving Zloader. By deactivating Windows Defender and relying on living-off-the-land binaries and scripts (LOLBAS) to avoid detection, the new infection chain displays a higher degree of stealth.
Microsoft September Patch Tuesday Addresses 66 Vulnerabilities, Including OMIGOD and A Disclosed Zero-Day Actively Exploited
In the September Microsoft Patch Tuesday release, the vendor released security fixes for 66 vulnerabilities impacting popular products. Of the 66 CVEs, four flaws are rated as Critical, with the remaining vulnerabilities rated as Important
Industry impacted: Financials, Government, Information Technology
- Attackers Steal Credentials And Data Belonging To United Nations And NATO
- Mēris Botnet Deploys a Massive DDoS Attack Setting the Record in Requests per Second
- Japanese Optics Manufacturer Olympus Hit With Reported BlackMatter Ransomware
- A New Banking Trojan Dubbed Maxtrilha Is Targeting European And South American Banks
- Google Patches Two Actively Exploited Zero-Day Vulnerabilities in Chrome
Cybersecurity Policies and Investment Gain Momentum in Europe
Industry impacted: Information Technology
European nations are boosting their efforts to address cybersecurity threats through new policies, agencies, and renewed investment. Italy, Germany, and France, are among the European nations that have announced new plans to strengthen their cybersecurity defenses. Despite renewed frameworks addressing cybersecurity threats, digitization and new technologies provide additional opportunities for cybercriminals worldwide.
Industry impacted: Government
- Presidents Biden and Xi Discuss Managing US-China Rivalry, China Sends Financial Aid to Afghanistan
- North Korea Holds Annual Military Parade, Tests Cruise Missiles Shortly After
German Public Prosecutor Searchers Ministries of Finance and of Justice in Fraud Probe
- Former US Intelligence Community and Military Personnel Admit Providing “Hacking”-related Services to UAE
- State of the Union Speech Addresses COVID-19, China, Semiconductors, and Cybersecurity