QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 23 – 29 September is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
FamousSparrow: A New APT Actor Deploys A Custom BackDoor Globally In Cyber Espionage Campaigns
Industry impacted: Government, Industrials
ESET researchers uncovered an Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) group dubbed FamousSparrow, conducting global targeted cyber espionage attacks to deliver a custom backdoor known as SparrowDoor. Active since at least 2019, the group primarily targeted hotels amongst other organizations, including governments, international organizations, engineering companies, and law firms.
Industry impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Government, Health Care
- ZE Loader: A New Banking Trojan with Advanced Capabilities
- Analysis Of The Latest Sensitive Information Stealing Backdoor Affiliated to Nobelium – FoggyWeb
- New Ransomware Colossus Shows Some Similarity to Other Ransomware-as-a-Service Groups
- FinSpy: Cross-Platform Surveillance Tool
- Researchers Provide Details on PYSA Ransomware
The Geopolitics of Energy: How the Energy Transition and Increased Prices Impact Business Operations
Energy shortages in Asia and Europe are affecting many industries and households as energy prices increased due to climate change policy and low supply. In terms of policies addressing climate change, countries are increasing their efforts to curb energy consumption and reduce carbon emissions. However, in Asia and Europe, energy markets are experiencing gas shortages and soaring prices, resulting in power outages in China and halting production in some industries in the UK. The current developments could further threaten already strained global supply chains, extend to other regions, and increase the EU’s dependence on Russian gas.
Industry impacted: Financials, Information Technology
- US Justice Department Drops Charges Against Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou
- German Regulator Launches Investigation into Chinese Mobile Phones
- China Declares all Cryptocurrency Transactions Illegal
- US and EU: Launch of Trade and Technology Council (TTC) to Coordinate on Global Technology, Economic, and Trade Issues
- EU Attributes Ghostwriter Campaign that Targeted Several EU States to Russia, Calls Activities “unacceptable”
- Cybersecurity Firm Group-IB’s Founder Ilya Sachkov Arrested on Treason Charges in Moscow