QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 7 – 13 October is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Tech Giants Release Their October Patch Tuesday: Microsoft and Apple Both Address Zero Days
Multiple technology vendors released security patches in this month’s Patch Tuesday, including Microsoft, Apple, and Adobe. Notably, Microsoft and Apple patched zero-days with active exploitation, while Adobe patched multiple critical flaws in their products.
Industry impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Information Technology
- Microsoft Successfully Mitigates the Largest DDoS Attack Targeting Azure
- Iran-linked Campaign Targets Defense Technology and Maritime sectors
- FIN12: Suspected Russian Ransomware Group Targeting Healthcare And Other Sectors
Semiconductor Shortage: Latest Developments and Prospects for 2022
Industry impacted: Information Technology
The semiconductor industry experiences a deepening global shortage since the beginning of 2020 which experts assess could last up to two more years. While it is difficult to asses how long the shortage will last, recent events such as the power crisis in China and Europe, potential new COVID-19 waves, droughts, together with increased demand due to the electric vehicles production surge, could deepen supply chain shortfalls.
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology
- France and Germany Urge Russia, Ukraine to Progress with Peace Talks
- EU Parliament Passes Resolution to Oppose Mass Surveillance
- More Than 130 Countries Agree on Global Minimum Tax Rate
- EU to Reportedly Overhaul Climate Policy in 2022
- US-led Counter-Ransomware Meeting Gathers 30 Countries