QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 10 – 17 November is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Emotet Resurgence Observed in the Wild Leveraging Trickbot Infrastructure
On 15 November, researchers from Cryptolaemus reported seeing Emotet activity in the wild almost a year after its takedown by international law enforcement in January 2021. In these new observations, the researchers note Emotet malware operators using the TrickBot botnet infrastructure to distribute the malware.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Information Technology
- HTML Smuggling Technique on the Rise
- September Spam Campaign Abuses Trust Relationships to Deliver QAKBOT
- New Android Banking Trojan Targets Banking Applications and Cryptocurrency Exchanges
- Iranian APT Exploits Fortinet and Exchange Vulnerabilities to Target US and Australian Critical Infrastructure
Poland and Belarus: Understanding Current Geopolitical Tensions and the Evolution of Hybrid Warfare
Industry impacted: Government
Tensions at the border between Poland and Belarus further escalated over the previous week as violence erupted on 16 November after Polish border guards responded with water cannons and tear gas to migrants throwing stones.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Energy, Government
- EU General Court Upholds EUR 2.42 billion Fine Imposed on Google, UK Blocks Legal Action Against Google
- Nord Stream 2: Germany’s Federal Network Agency Suspends Certification for Pipeline, Delaying Launch
- Deal on Carbon Markets Reached By UN COP26 Summit
- Italy to Investigate Sale of Military Drone Maker to Chinese Company
- Presidents Biden and Xi Hold Virtual Meeting