QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 17 – 23 Nov is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
New Infection Chain Used Likely By Mustang Panda Delivering PlugX
Industry impacted: Government
On 21 November, QuoIntelligence observed a researcher posting on Twitter information related to an alleged sample of the Mustang Panda malware family. The analysis of this phishing attachment indicates that it is likely used by the Mustang Panda activity group to target government entities in Myanmar. The RAR archive includes legitimate PDF documents as well as a legitimate executable used to sideload a malicious DLL file. While DLL sideloading is a technique used consistently by Mustang Panda, the method of delivery shows a departure from practices observed in campaigns we analyzed earlier this year.
Industries impacted: Consumer Staples, Energy, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Materials
- New Vulnerabilities Patched in F5 BIG-IP and BIG-IQ, Exploits Available And Weaponized
- DEV-0569: Royal Ransomware Delivery Through Malvertising Campaign
- Increasing Cybersecurity Risks For Offshore Oil and Gas Infrastructures
- Mustang Panda Spear-Phishing Campaign Targets Governments Worldwide
- Nighthawk: Pentest Tool Likely to Be Leveraged by Threat Actors
- Aurora Stealer Becoming Prevalent Ecrime Threat, Poorly Detected
- Ransomware Attacks on Critical Infrastructure Foreseen as Trend in 2023
Increased Scrutiny Over Foreign IT Providers Under GDPR Compliance and EU Competition Rules
Industries impacted: Government, Health Care, Information Technology
EU Countries are increasing oversight on foreign providers as the EU tries to boost its own domestic industry to increase EU digital sovereignty. Nevertheless, increased oversight on major foreign IT providers also present challenges to EU organizations, which face increased regulatory risk and limited alternatives.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Government, Information Technology
- New Interoperable Europe Act To Digitalize And Improve Public Services For Citizens And Businesses
- Renewed Tensions In South China Sea Amid US Vice President’s Visit to Philippines
- Iran Moves Forward With Nuclear Program Bringing More Instability In The Middle East
- Investigation on IKEA: Due Diligence Risk Increases as Oversight on Retail Provider Rises
- 1 December – Cyber Security & Cloud Expo Global
Latest Mercury Newsletter
(Available to Customers only)
- 2 November – New Mercury Milestone Reached!
All the functionality of Mercury Legacy now available in the beta version of the new Mercury.
New feature – Nested Comments in Alerts
Maintain discussions with our analysts in the Brand Protection, Vulnerabilities Intelligence and Service Requests alerts.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk