QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 24 – 30 Nov is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
China-nexus Espionage Group Uses USB Drives To Attack Targets In Philippines, US And Europe
China-nexus group, designated by Mandiant as UNC4191, uses infected USB drives to conduct espionage operations against targets in Southeast Asia, US, and Europe. The group is particularly focused on Philippines and uses three newly discovered malware families to spread infection to removable drives and establish remote access to affected devices.
Industries impacted: Energy, Information Technology
- RansomBoggs Ransomware Targets Ukraine
- New Wave of LockBit Ransomware Mass-Distributed With Similar Filenames Disguised as Job Applications
- Campaign Of Quantum Ransomware Delivered Using Emotet
- Initial Access Brokers Sell Fortinet VPN Accesses On Forums
- Second Large Collection of Stolen Twitter Accounts’ Info Available on Underground Forums
- Xenotime And Kamacite Are Conducting Reconnaissance Against Dutch LNG Infrastructure
Climate Change Regulations And Climate Activism Increase Compliance And Reputational Risks For Companies
Industry impacted: Energy
As regulatory and civil society scrutiny increase over climate change commitments, the compliance and reputational risks for businesses are also growing. QuoIntelligence outlines challenges for companies related to the climate change regulatory landscape and environmentalist activism.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Information Technology, Utilities
- The FTX Crash Prompts Global Securities Regulators to Begin Targeting Cryptocurrency Platforms
- US Further Sanctions Chinese Tech Sector While EU Says it Will Not Follow US’ Tougher Stance on China
- Unrest At Apple And Foxconn Factories In China Over Covid Lockdowns
- UK Online Safety Bill Could Compromise Encryption And Expose Businesses To Cyberattacks
- EU Approves Tougher Cybersecurity Rules: NIS2 and DORA
- 05 December – Black Hat EU 2022
- 07 December – ENISA CTI-EU Conference
Latest Mercury Newsletter
(Available to Customers only)
- 2 November – New Mercury Milestone Reached!
All the functionality of Mercury Legacy now available in the beta version of the new Mercury.
New feature – Nested Comments in Alerts
Maintain discussions with our analysts in the Brand Protection, Vulnerabilities Intelligence and Service Requests alerts.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk