QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 8 – 14 Dec is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Microsoft December Patch Tuesday Addresses 49 Flaws, Including 2 Actively Exploited Zero-Days
Microsoft released its monthly Patch Tuesday security update, which includes fixes for two zero-day vulnerabilities, one of which is being actively exploited in malware distribution campaigns. The patch remediates 49 flaws, with 6 being classified as critical. Impacted products include Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Microsoft Edge. Other vendors who have also released important security updates this Patch Tuesday include SAP, Citrix, and Fortinet.
Industries impacted:Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- Mallox Ransomware Group Rapidly Expanding Activities and Scope of Attacks
- Security Flaw in Atlassian Products Might Increase Risk, Stolen Access Sold on Dark Forums
- Royal Ransomware Takes Over Threat Landscape
- New Quakbot Distribution Method Through HTML Smuggling
- Distributed Brute Force Attacks Against WordPress Sites to Expand Botnet
Energy Crisis Winter Update: First EU Carbon Border Tax Agreed, Supply Challenges and Increased Regulation to Continue in 2023
The EU is currently developing different measures to alleviate the energy crisis and achieve its climate targets. On 13 December, the EU announced a provisional agreement to set up a CO2 emissions tax framework, the “EU Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism”. QuoIntelligence expects a more complex regulatory landscape as countries push for the implementation of their climate change targets and the energy crisis continues. As such, companies will have to adapt to these new frameworks and reduce their reliance on providers that do not consider the environment.
Industries impacted: Government, Information Technology, Materials
- Kosovo Called for NATO Intervention Amid Rising Ethnic Tensions
- EU Strikes Deal With Chile In Bid To Secure Access To Critical Minerals
- EU Parliament Caught In Corruption Investigation On Bribery From Qatar
- China Files WTO Suit Against US Chip Export Controls
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk