QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 16 – 22 Feb is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
QakBot Delivery Through OneNote Files And Political Lures
On 20 February, QuoIntelligence observed a campaign where a multi-stage infection chain beginning with a OneNote file delivers QakBot through politically themed email lures. The campaign is an example of the increasing popularity of using OneNote files as a mechanism of initiating code execution, which was early reported on January.
Industry impacted: Health Care, Industrials, Information Technology
- Stealc: A New Information Stealer Malware-as-a-Service On The Rise
- HardBit Ransomware Implements Extortion Techniques Involving Insurers
- Criminals Stole Source Code and Installed Malware in Multi-Year Breach Against GoDaddy Hosted Websites
- ASML Says it Experienced More Cyberattacks in 2022 and Misappropriation of Data by an Employee in China
- New Activity Group Targeting Asian Shipping Industries
China’s New Global Security Initiative Concept Shows no Change on China’s Behaviour in International Relations
Industries impacted: Government
China’s government published the Global Security Initiative (GSI) concept paper which consolidates the basic norms of China’s foreign policy, and is showing no change on its behavior in international relations. The document followed another report titled “American hegemony and its perils”, where China criticized the US hegemony, and how the country resorts to export controls and sanctions against China. QuoIntelligence analyzes both documents, and the implications they have for China’s overall strategy and its relationships with other world powers.
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Energy, Government
- Intelligence Services Warn of Russian Potential Sabotage of Critical Infrastructure
- Increased Concerns Over Russia’s Relations With Its Neighbors Moldova and Belarus
- Russia Suspends Its Participation In New START Nuclear Arms Treaty But Will Continue to Comply
- Taiwan Caught Between The US And China Amid Diplomatic Crisis
- 27 February – MWC Barcelona
2023 Forecast (blog)
‘Innovation’, ‘Professionalization’, ‘Polarization’…Three Words For The Cyber & Political Threat Landscape In 2023
The cyber threat landscape evolves as quickly as technology, often faster than security teams can develop, mature and establish secure cyber systems. Read our 2023 outlook based on trends we observed through 2022 and how we expect them to evolve.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk