QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 16 – 22 March is now available! Find a summary here and subscribe to our mailing list below if you want to receive regular updates from us!
Want to read the full story? Subscribe to our newsletter to access the complete Weekly Intelligence Snapshot. Don’t miss out on more intelligence!
Emotet Uses OneNote Files For Delivery In A New Wave Of Attacks
Industries impacted: Government, Industrials
On the 9 March, QuoIntelligence reported about the reemergence of the Emotet malware, which returned after a three-month break. Observed activities included malspam campaigns that delivered inflated ZIP and Word documents attachments. The monitoring of new samples indicates that around 16 March the malware also started to use OneNote email attachments as a method of delivery.
Industries impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Financials, Industrials, Information Technology
- Trigona Ransomware Has Been Extremely Active, Targeting Many Organizations Worldwide
- Novel Golang-Based DDoS-Focused Botnet Dubbed HinataBot
- ENISA Cyber Threat Landscape for Transportation Sector Highlights Ransomware as Most Relevant Threat
- Magecart Credit Card Skimmer Using Hunter Obfuscator to Steal Card Information
The EU Presents Two Bills To Foster Self-Reliance Amid Energy Transition
Industries impacted: Energy, Information Technology, Materials
QuoIntelligence outlines the main features of two EU legislation proposals, the Net Zero Industry Act and the Critical Raw Materials Act, which intend to increase EU self-reliance in the framework of the energy transition.
Industries impacted: Energy, Financials, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- China-Russia Meeting: Countries Reaffirm Ties
- Protests Intensify in France Following Raise in Retirement Age, Strikes to Impact Supply Chains
- EU-NATO Launch Taskforce to Strengthen Critical Infrastructure Security
- Central Banks Try to Prevent Banking Crisis in Europe Following Credit Suisse Rescue
- US Government Propose National Security Guardrails for CHIPS Act
- 30 March – CypherCon 6.0
- 4-5 April – ItaliaSec (Rome)
QuoIntelligence is a sponsor for the 2023 edition of ItaliaSec where CEO Marco Riccardi will host a roundtable discussion: Italy under attack: how and why to use Threat Intelligence to distinguish real threats from media hype.
(Sent to PREMIUM Customers only)
- 16 March – Technology Brief: Information Stealer Malware — A constant threat in the landscape
Information stealer malware is one of the most common malware families in the current threat landscape. Designed to steal sensitive information from computers and mobile devices and impacting mainly remote workers, these types of attacks can be devastating for businesses, and result in identity theft, financial loss, and reputational damage.
- 6 March – Technology Brief: SystemBC — A Widespread, Lesser-Known, Multipurpose Malware
Likely to remain a threat across all sectors, the malware family SystemBC hasn’t received much public reporting or research, leaving organizations vulnerable to attack from this dangerous threat vector.
Interested in becoming a premium customer? Let’s talk