QuoIntelligence’s Weekly for 8 – 14 October 2020 is now available!
You can find below a summary for our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot, providing insight and analysis into this week’s major cyber and geopolitical events.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive it straight in your inbox, or inquire today to receive a free trial of our full Weekly Intelligence Product, which includes analyst comments, MITRE ATT&CK tags, IOCs, and more!
Industry impacted: Information Technology
- On 5 October, Software AG confirmed it suffered a malware attack against its IT infrastructure, which impacted help desk services and internal communication. The ransomware operator dubbed ‘The Clop’ publicly claimed the Software AG attack on their leak website. Three days later, Software AG released another statement disclosing that the attackers downloaded data from Software AG’s servers and employee systems.
Industry impacted: ANY, Information Technology
- In October’s Patch Tuesday, Microsoft detailed patches for 87 vulnerabilities in popular Microsoft products, including Windows, Office, Outlook, and Hyper-V. Of the 87 flaws, Microsoft rates 11 vulnerabilities as critical, including a vulnerability (CVE-2020-16898) in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019, which has a CVSS score of 9.8.
Industry impacted: ANY, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- US Government Seized 92 Iranian Government Domains used for Global Disinformation Campaign.
- OceanLotus: Targeting Dissidents, Human Rights Workers and Journalists Across Germany.
- MontysThree: New Modular Toolset Used To Conduct Highly Targeted Industrial Espionage.
- US Cyber Command and Microsoft Conducts Two Separate Disruption Campaigns Against TrickBot.
- Adobe’s October Patch Release Addresses Flaw in Adobe Flash Player.
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology
- Five Eyes Alliance, India, and Japan Demands ‘Backdoors’ in Encrypted Communications Apps.
- The EU Plans to Impose Tougher Rules on Big Tech Companies.
Would you like to have access to the full report? Click on the link below to learn more about our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot subscription.