QuoIntelligence’s Weekly for 14 – 21 October 2020 is now available!
You can find below a summary for our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot, providing insight and analysis into this week’s major cyber and geopolitical events.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive it straight in your inbox, or inquire today to receive a free trial of our full Weekly Intelligence Product, which includes analyst comments, MITRE ATT&CK tags, IOCs, and more!
Industry impacted: Any
- Researchers from TrendMicro discovered a new watering hole campaign likely targeting worldwide Korean diaspora (Koreans living outside of Korea) and organizations interested in North Korea related issues to deliver the new variant of the SLUB malware and two previously undocumented malware variants.
Industry impacted: ANY, Energy, Government, Information Technology
- German Authorities Raid FinFisher’s Business Assets and Private Estates
- Researchers Attribute the ‘SlothfulMedia’ Malware to State-Sponsored Group, ‘IAmTheKing’
- MuddyWater Launches Campaign Against Israeli Organizations, Exploiting Notable Microsoft Vulnerabilities
- Google Announces 2.3 Tbps DDoS Attack
- Juniper Networks Patches Tens of Vulnerabilities including RCE
- Chrome Patches Five Vulnerabilities Including a Zero-day Actively Exploited
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology
- China’s National People’s Congress passed a law on export control, which allows the government to restrict the export of specified products to certain foreign countries, similar to the US Department of Commerce’s Entity List. Products which will be subject to the new export controls will include, among others, military, nuclear, and advanced information technologies.
Industry impacted: Financials, Government, Information Technology
- UN Lifts Iran’s 13-year Long Arms Embargo Despite US Protest
- European Member States Sign Declaration on Creating European Cloud Ecosystem Gaia-X to Strengthen EU’s Digital Sovereignty
- ENISA Threat Landscape Report 2020
- US Charges Six Russian Nationals Allegedly Part of Russia’s GRU Unit and Sandworm APT Group
- BSI Release Annual Report on the Situation of IT Security in Germany
- PayPal to Allow Cryptocurrency Buying, Selling, and Holding via Its Accounts
22 October – Meetings of NATO Ministers of Defence
Would you like to have access to the full report? Click on the link below to learn more about our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot subscription.