QuoIntelligence’s Weekly Intelligence Snapshot for the week of 24 June – 1 July 2020 is now available!
Industries impacted: Communication Services, Consumer Discretionary, Energy, Financials, Government, Health Care, Information Technology, Materials
Researchers from Symantec discovered a new WastedLocker ransomware campaign in its early stages and alerted its customers before the ransomware operators could follow through with their attack. Telemetry from Symantec identified at least 31 targeted organizations, all of which are based in the United States. However, it is possible that the campaign was able to breach other organizations unnoticed.
Industries impacted: Information Technology
In April, researchers from Trustwave discovered a backdoor dubbed GoldenSpy embedded in a Chinese tax payment software called “Intelligent Tax” by the Golden Tax Department of Aisino Co. The GoldenSpy backdoor was detected in a UK-based tech company that operates in China.
- Microsoft Releases an Out-of-band Patch Addressing Two RCE Vulnerabilities in Windows Codecs Library
- Palo Alto Addresses a Critical Authentication Bypass Vulnerability Affecting its Next-generation Firewall Operating System
- Google, Apple, and Mozilla Announce Important Policy Changes to TLS Certificate Validity
- Maze Ransomware Compromised LG Electronics Network in South Korea
- EU Extends Sanctions Against Russia Over Failure to Comply with Ukrainian Peace Agreement
- New National Security Law Enforced in Hong Kong
- Heads of German Intelligence Agencies Outline Main Threats to Germany