Industry impacted: Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Industrials
- Researchers at Group-IB uncovered a new corporate cyber espionage Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) group dubbed RedCurl that conducted targeted espionage campaigns, using custom and open source tools, against various organizations to steal confidential corporate documents.
Industry impacted: ANY, Government, Industrials, Information Technology
- APT28: NSA and FBI Expose Previously Unknown Malware Dubbed Drovorub
- Researchers Published Proof of Concept (PoC) Code for Apache Struts 2, allowing Potential Remote Code Execution
- Taiwan Government Attributes Cyber Attack on Government Agencies to Chinese Threat Actors
- Lazarus: Multiple Reports Indicate Lazarus Continues Targeting Aerospace and Defense Sector with Job Lures
Industry impacted: Government
- The governments of Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced the normalization of relations between the states, which will result in the establishment of diplomatic relations, exchange of embassies, and trade ties. Israel also announced it will delay plans to annex areas of the West Bank as part of the agreement. The agreement will likely anger Iran and potentially further increase tensions throughout the region. Iran will likely retaliate against the agreement as it might perceive it as alliance building between its adversaries to counter Iran in the region.
Industry impacted: Communication Services, Government, Information Technology
- EU Considering Sanctions on Belarus Following Elections and Crackdown on Protests
- US Further Tightens Restrictions on Huawei’s Access to US Technology