QuoIntelligence’s Weekly for 27 August – 2 September 2020 is now available!
You can find below a summary for our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot, providing insight and analysis into this week’s major cyber and geopolitical events.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive it straight in your inbox, or inquire today to receive a free trial of our full Weekly Intelligence Product, which includes analyst comments, MITRE ATT&CK tags, IOCs, and more!
Industry impacted: ANY, Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Real Estate
- Researchers at Check Point discovered a new Qakbot malware campaign distributed through Emotet’s infection process – targeting Europe and US organizations within the manufacturing, financial, industrial, government, transportation, and more.
- On 20 August, QuoINT detected a new sample of a loader/obfuscator tool we dubbed internally as xoLoader. During our analysis, we determined the tool loads a shellcode which decrypts to an unknown ransomware strain we internally dubbed LockerNet.
Industry impacted: ANY, Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Information Technology
- NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange targeted in DDoS Attack.
- Cisco Releases Advisory for Two Zero Day Flaws Exploited in the Wild, No Patch Available Yet.
- Elon Musk Confirms Attempted Social Engineering Attack Against Tesla by Russian National.
- Apple Accidentally Notarizes Adware App for macOS.
- Microsoft Warns about New Info-stealer Malware Targeting Windows Systems.
Industry impacted: Government
- Facebook Removes Network from Russia Spreading Misinformation Ahead of US Elections.
- China Conducts Live-Fire Military Exercise in Contested South China Sea.
Would you like to have access to the full report? Click on the link below to learn more about our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot subscription.