QuoIntelligence’s Weekly for 27 August – 2 September 2020 is now available!
Industry impacted: ANY, Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Government, Health Care, Industrials, Real Estate
- Researchers at Check Point discovered a new Qakbot malware campaign distributed through Emotet’s infection process – targeting Europe and US organizations within the manufacturing, financial, industrial, government, transportation, and more.
- On 20 August, QuoINT detected a new sample of a loader/obfuscator tool we dubbed internally as xoLoader. During our analysis, we determined the tool loads a shellcode which decrypts to an unknown ransomware strain we internally dubbed LockerNet.
Industry impacted: ANY, Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Information Technology
- NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange targeted in DDoS Attack.
- Cisco Releases Advisory for Two Zero Day Flaws Exploited in the Wild, No Patch Available Yet.
- Elon Musk Confirms Attempted Social Engineering Attack Against Tesla by Russian National.
- Apple Accidentally Notarizes Adware App for macOS.
- Microsoft Warns about New Info-stealer Malware Targeting Windows Systems.
Industry impacted: Government
- Facebook Removes Network from Russia Spreading Misinformation Ahead of US Elections.
- China Conducts Live-Fire Military Exercise in Contested South China Sea.