QuoIntelligence’s Weekly for 3 – 9 September 2020 is now available!
Industry impacted: ANY, Information Technology
- In this month’s Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released patches for 129 vulnerabilities across several products, including Microsoft Windows, Edge, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Office, SharePoint, Exchange Server, and OneDrive. Out of the 129 vulnerabilities, Microsoft rated 23 as critical, 105 as important, and one as moderate in severity.
Industry impacted: Financials
- In the last 60 days, QuoINT observed Evilnum targeting FINTECH companies with a multitude of different TTPs including the use of Golden Chicken MaaS as well as previously unreported malwares, supporting the hypothesis of Evilnum being part of a larger hack-for-hire group.
Industry impacted: ANY, Financials, Government
- Malicious Email Campaign Leverages Web-based Contact Forms and Legitimate Hosting Platform to Spread Malware.
- Chilean Bank BancoEstado Closes all Branches Due to a Ransomware Attack.
- France CERT Reports an Increase in Emotet Attacks.
- BLURTooth Vulnerability Discovered in Bluetooth Specifications 4.0 through 5.0.
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology
- China Launches Initiative on Global Data Security Rules.
- Germany Threatens to Halt Nord Stream 2 Pipeline After Poisoning of Navalny.