QuoIntelligence’s Weekly for 3 – 9 September 2020 is now available!
You can find below a summary for our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot, providing insight and analysis into this week’s major cyber and geopolitical events.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive it straight in your inbox, or inquire today to receive a free trial of our full Weekly Intelligence Product, which includes analyst comments, MITRE ATT&CK tags, IOCs, and more!
Industry impacted: ANY, Information Technology
- In this month’s Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released patches for 129 vulnerabilities across several products, including Microsoft Windows, Edge, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Office, SharePoint, Exchange Server, and OneDrive. Out of the 129 vulnerabilities, Microsoft rated 23 as critical, 105 as important, and one as moderate in severity.
Industry impacted: Financials
- In the last 60 days, QuoINT observed Evilnum targeting FINTECH companies with a multitude of different TTPs including the use of Golden Chicken MaaS as well as previously unreported malwares, supporting the hypothesis of Evilnum being part of a larger hack-for-hire group.
Industry impacted: ANY, Financials, Government
- Malicious Email Campaign Leverages Web-based Contact Forms and Legitimate Hosting Platform to Spread Malware.
- Chilean Bank BancoEstado Closes all Branches Due to a Ransomware Attack.
- France CERT Reports an Increase in Emotet Attacks.
- BLURTooth Vulnerability Discovered in Bluetooth Specifications 4.0 through 5.0.
Industry impacted: Government, Information Technology
- China Launches Initiative on Global Data Security Rules.
- Germany Threatens to Halt Nord Stream 2 Pipeline After Poisoning of Navalny.
Would you like to have access to the full report? Click on the link below to learn more about our Weekly Intelligence Snapshot subscription.